khakis & huge... bottom.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Brick's favorite people pics

Post 2 of my favorite pics (other post is 3 below this one), starring the folks who went on the trip!

Disclaimer: some of the associated captions are actually what happened, and some are creative license taken by... me. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which. Oh, and for the most part, I used people's Spain nicknames, so go here for a refresher course if you've forgotten.






Before heading up on the London Eye, the gals decided to do what I think was a prom pose or cruise pose or something... except for Jamon, which may have been the only picture in two weeks where she refused to pose... heheh.











Pooped from the Mike Pih Diet (tm). In the back you can see the Tower of London.










"So I won't expect a postcard from Trafalgar Square..." You get extra credit if you can name that song!









Ilicito and Ojo Bizarro took a nice picture with Aslan the Lion, who was also hanging out in Trafalgar Square.

You can't tell from this shot, but they're actually sitting maybe 8 feet off the ground - not much of a problem for Mike to climb up and jump off, but Joy had some problems. A kindly English gentleman had to help hoist her to safety.






Ojo, Ilicito, and Jamon climbing the Stairs of Cirith Ungol to sneak into Mordor... or maybe they were just climbing the never-ending spiral staircase at La Sagrada Familia, in Barcelona. While it was fun looking down the staircase and seeing the snail-shell-inspired spiral, the view at the top really wasn't worth the hour+ we spent climbing and waiting. Although, I did get a bunch of great shots for my sermon.










My attempt at an artsy silhouette shot, at Parc Guell in Barcelona. Not quite dark enough.











Jamon: "Where are we? Karen, make a table!"
Gato Negro: "What, again?! [sigh]"
Ilicito: "I am so going to get Mike back for making us walk 5 hours straight!"
Frodo: "This burden is mine, and mine alone..."













Since we had just gone to Mexico and done sports ministry less than a month before going to Spain, Ojo Bizarro still had the jones for soccer, so he, Frodo, and Jamon got a game going with the locals in this Barcelona plaza.






At the bullfighting ring in Seville, we decided it would be funny to feed Jamon and Gato Negro to the stampede of bulls that would come charging out the red doors in the back. They (the gals, not the bulls!) weren't very happy about it.








[Insert caption here... cuz I have no words to describe this]








Finally, a couple of nice shots in the Alhambra to finish off this post...








Esther and Andrea, taken from a second floor balcony.

















Joy and Esther in the flower garden.














The staircases had little canals of flowing water, so I got this upward shot of Esther. Too bad there's some dude with a hat on right behind her... no way for me to crop that with Picasa.










Enjoy!

- Brick

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger arex said…

    Love is Different...
    http://www.lyrics007.com/Caedmon's%20Call%20Lyrics/Love%20Is%20Different%20Lyrics.html

    Yay! I win! hehehe.. what do I win? haha.. it's okay, I got my choco already. heheh...

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha, very funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home