khakis & huge... bottom.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bob's favorite scenery pics

Here's post 1 of some of the favorite pics off my camera that I took while we were in London and Spain (this one's all scenic shots, the second one will have pics of people). Aside from Joseph, my camera happened to have the best zoom (10x) so I attempted to use this to my advantage in finding interesting shots and angles...

From the inside of the Casa Mila in Barcelona, designed by innovative architect Antoni Gaudi. Among other things, the interesting aspect of this design was placing the light well on the inside of a multi-story building to help natural light reach the lower levels, where the common areas typically would be.






Another shot from the eccentrically designed roof of the Casa Mila, through a window at a mirror.




At the Sagrada Familia, a cathedral designed by Gaudi in Barcelona, one of the facades depicts various scenes from the life, death, and resurrection from Jesus Christ. The sculptures were made off of a layout by Gaudi and created by a more modern cubist-style sculptor with a talent for very expressive faces:










One corner of the Alcazar (I think) in Toledo, with clouds in the background.













Sunset over the Rio Guadalquivir in Sevilla.









Shots from the gorgeous gardens in Alhambra:



4 Comments:

  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger arex said…

    VERY nice! surprisingly artistic in style! hehehe... I hope to see more, bob. heheh

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger pekkle01 said…

    Nice pics ... good eye.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice, bob. :-)

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger sujenone said…

    very nice!!!! I should have you be my wedding photographer! Haha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home